For the picky eater, the grazer and the anti-sandwich kid: These bento box lunches aim to please. Plus, many can be prepped ahead of time to help make back-to-school a breeze!
8 school lunch ideas
For Salad Lovers
Looking for a way to add some extra veggies into your daily menu? Do it with a hearty deconstructed cobb salad for lunch. With sliced chicken breast, eggs, and bacon, it’s a flavourful and filling salad. This salad helps keep hungry bellies satisfied and full through the afternoon hump at the office or school.
- Compliments Chicken Breast Roast, Extra Lean Thinly Sliced
- Compliments Naturally Smoked Thick Cut Bacon, prepared (optional)
- Compliments 30 Pack Large Eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and quartered
- Compliments Romaine Hearts (stems only for dipping) or baby gem lettuce, quartered lengthwise
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Compliments Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing (for dipping)
- Compliments Fudge Brownie Bites
For Breakfast Lovers
Savoury meets sweet in a chicken and waffles dish that features rich maple syrup, mixed berries, and scrumptious breaded chicken nuggets. This dish isn’t your average slice bread sandwich, it’s warmed comfort food for a midday break from school or work.
- Compliments Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets 1.5kg, prepared
- Compliments Original Waffles 1.68kg, prepared
- Compliments Coleslaw Oil & Vinegar Salad 850g
- Compliments Organic 100% Pure Maple Syrup 500mL (for dipping)
- Mixed berries, such as raspberries, blueberries and halved strawberries
- Compliments Chewy Tenders Chocolate Chip granola bars 630g
For picky eaters
If the kids are firmly anti-sandwich or they simply like to snack, let them graze! Think naan dippers and hummus, little rollups of deli meats, cheese twists, fruits and veggies. Tip: Try making these irresistible skewers of deli meats, cheese and fruit!
- Compliments Naan Dippers 200 g
- Compliments Hummus Traditional 227 g
- Compliments Extra Lean Thinly Sliced Cooked Turkey Breast Roast 175 g
- Compliments Marble Cheddar Cheese Sticks 252 g
- Compliments Sea Salt Veggie Snax 142 g
- Cucumber slices, grape tomatoes, grapes
Looking for lactose-free options? Try our new Compliments Lactose Free Pizza Mozzarella Twists in select stores!
For nacho fans
This dish mixes their favourite pub-inspired menu choices – multigrain chips, salsa, guac and chicken fingers – with healthy-minded additions, of course! It’s a slam dunk. Pack the dips in individual containers for the best bento experience that can be packed ahead of time.
- Compliments Fully Cooked Chicken Strips or Nuggets 907 g
- Compliments Round Tortilla Chips Multigrain 240 g
- Compliments Shredded Cheese Triple Cheddar Blend 320 g
- Compliments Mild Chunky Salsa 430 ml
- Compliments Fresh Guacamole 227 g
- Compliments Sour Cream 250 ml
- Granola Chewy Bars Value Pack 48ct - Value Size
- Compliments Lemon Iced Tea Mix 10 x 200 ml
Looking for plant-based options? Try our new Plant-Based Chicken Strips in select stores.
For aspiring vegetarians
Veggie-loving kids will put in requests for this plant-based take on the classic sub sandwich, which aims to please with plant-based meatballs, hummus, lettuce, and sliced tomatoes! Pack this up and send sides of fresh-cut veggies, Veggie Snax, and “bugs on a log” – a fun spin on celery sticks with cream cheese and dried cranberries.
- Compliments Plant Based Meatballs 500 g
- Compliments Whole Wheat Hot Dog Bun or Compliments Hot Dog Buns Brioche 385 g
- Compliments Naturally Simple Traditional Hummus 227 g
- Compliments Sea Salt Veggie Snax 142 g
- Compliments Cream Cheese Spread 340 g
- Compliments Dried Cranberries 350 g
- Lettuce, grape tomatoes, blanched sugar snap peas, celery
- Compliments Juice Peach Cocktail 10 x 200 ml
For quesadilla lovers
Tacos, nachos, fajitas: If your kids can’t get enough of these Tex-Mex-style staples, say hello to the deconstructed quesadilla: a bento box decked out with a classic tortilla plus assorted cheese, meat and dips. The beauty of the bento: Pack this ahead of time and everything stays separate and fresh until the lunch bell rings.
- Whole Grain Whole Wheat 10 Inch Tortillas 366 g
- Cheddar And Mozzarella Shredded Cheese 320 g
- Compliments Extra Lean Roast Turkey Breast Thinly Sliced Meat 175 g
- Whole Kernel Corn Peaches & Cream 341 ml (prepared according to package directions)
- Mexicana Salsa 430 ml
- Fresh Guacamole 227 g
- Apple slices
For dumpling dunkers
Did you know that Compliments potstickers are tasty served hot or at room temperature? Hot or not, you might want to add teriyaki dipping sauce, before rounding out this bento with blanched broccoli, rice crackers and a side of citrus. Tip: Leftover steamed or fried rice also makes a great addition to this lunch!
For sushi stars
This lunch is as fun to look at as to eat. Spread cream cheese on flattened slices of bread, layer on smoked salmon and roll like a jelly roll, then slice into wheels. You can also add thinly sliced cucumber and avocado to create California-roll-style sushi, too, or feel free to serve the veg on the side. Prepared edamame also makes a great green addition to this bento!
Tip: If your kids aren’t fish fans, try substituting thinly sliced cooked chicken breast or tofu for the salmon.